View Single Post
Old 18th June 2018
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

DK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml1226 View Post
I'd like to see more failed ideas, honestly. I'm interested in seeing where your minds go that we don't get to see in the store.

I know I've had plenty of ideas that don't even come close to a finished piece myself, and I'm sure I don't try as many ideas out as you guys do.
We'll do that. We have had hundreds of failed ideas...most of them do not get as far as the all metal floorboards, in retrospect we should have realized they would not have good traction while wet.

Most get shot down before we even do a working prototype.

A few things that come to mind right off are:

We made over 100 variations of the TTI's that did not work as well as we wanted before finally getting the results we wanted with the current design.

We also tested some variations of an "internal velocity stack" that could be used with most any air cleaner.

It certainly seems like it would work, but all our dyno tests and butt dyno testing, yielded no improvement. All those prototype got tossed.

Kevin

www.DKCustom.com
Phone: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com
DK Custom YouTube Videos
Instagram.com/dkcustomproducts
Lots of Photo's at Pinterest

Last edited by DK Custom; 18th June 2018 at 16:10..