View Single Post
Old 5th November 2019
Land Speed Record

jkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant futurejkinkade has a brilliant future

Well I had a Dyna twin cam, had the belt from new & never broke it, but I was riding the bike 1,100 KM to drag race in screaming eagle Harley, that was the away racing the home track was 10km away. was worried if I broke a belt big job to replace on the Dyna .
now moved up to the real thing! 2003 XLH 88" still on original belt & 16,000km with the 88" motor still never broke the belt, I know not riding hard enough, but am enjoying every minute!! reason I'll keep the belt is less vibration, I can also cary spare belt if on a longer run.
if you think you can't ride on dirt or over rocks with belt drive. check out youtube Million Dollar Bogan riding a Harley in Outback Australia ( he put a rock through the sump on a new road king, put a 2" inch hole in it ( the sump ) oil everywhere, but belt not broken yet. I'm not a friend of his & don't know him at all, just mentioning this. but like others have said a rock between belt and pulls teeth and it chews up belt & pulls gears.
I'll stick with belt.