View Single Post
Old 26th April 2019
Harley Engineer

b0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud ofb0fh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4fthrs View Post
I replaced my clutch with the Barnett kit with extra plates and used my stock clutch spring and I have never experienced a squeal. Has been about 5 years now and clutch works great. Smooth, positive release and no slippage. I wonder why some experience that issue and others don't?
well for starters both my bikes are not barnetts or any aftermarket solution, its just the stock clutch with the spring plate removed and replaced with 2 (again stock parts, from a donor bike of a friend that 1340'd its engine and put an alto carbonite clutch) steel separators and 1 friction. both squeal (one is an old 883R and other is a newer 1200CX) but only on spirited take-offs and gear shifts

I suppose this setup is the worst offender on the squealing department.

by the way 1 donor clutch = 3 spring plateless bikes and you end up with some extra frictions just in case