Thread: Ironhead Brake Line Part Number ?
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

ferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant future

I emailed JPCycles customer service as to what ends were on their V-Twin Power SS braided hoses (for example, their 18" 831-970); they say they are AN3. That's good; they will match up with the V-Twin 806-139 junction block directly.

But for the hose-to-caliper connection, I'll need an adapter to go from the female AN3 hose to whatever female threaded inlet is in the front calipers.

I don't want to take my front brakes apart in the middle of riding weather and be stuck waiting for mailed parts, and having to measure between shipments to determine the correct hose lengths I need. That's best done when the weather breaks and winter sets in.

But I can get some of the parts ready ahead of time, maybe all of them, as long as I know what I'm doing.

And there's the rub: I think I know what I need, but not the fitting sizes. For instance, is the HD master cylinder a 10mm or 12mm banjo fitting???

And more important for ordering lower hoses, what type fitting goes in the inlet hole in the caliper???

Edit: OK, I found out the 1983 caliper inlet port is 3/8" x 24 IFF, compatible with any NAPA steel universal brake line. Summit/Jegs/Earls all have AN3 to 3/8" x 24 adapters. so I'm good there (order for adapters going out today).

Edit2: I also ordered the Russell dual-disk junction block # 240-029 from JPCycles. It was cheaper than the V-Twin junction block.

Thank you for your help! I think I can do this...

It needs to look like this when done...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brk_line.jpg (34.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ferretface; 18th July 2019 at 18:35..