Thread: Ironhead Brake Line Part Number ?
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

ferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant futureferretface has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharback View Post
Both Magnum Shielding and Barnett (www.barnettclutches.com) will make custom cables to fit at reasonable prices. Just tell 'em what you want and they'll quote you a price.
Coincidentally enough, the nice lady at Barnett also told me they do not produce a brake line for the 1983 XLX.

But that's OK as I now have a complete front brake line for my bastard Sportster. I thought perhaps I would replace the rear brake hose as well, but it appears that the rear line/hose is a soldered one-piece line just like the front line was. And there is a tee between the line and hose with an additional port for a brake light switch. Also soldered. (Another pic attached).

So, that's another hose & line I'll have to piece together from separate parts.

From my parts catalog, it appears the 1983 Sportster was the only year that had one-piece brake lines. A mistake that HD corrected the next year.

More fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (40.1 KB, 7 views)