Thread: Ironhead First startup
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2019
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

ryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond reputeryder rick has a reputation beyond repute

Put a pan under the vent to catch the oil it will puke, this is normal after extended storage.

It will turn over slow because of the oil that has collected in the cases. It will crank slow also because of the accumulated oil.
Jump it off a car so you don't damage the battery from extended cranking. I use some spray carb cleaner to help it start.
It will stall and not want to idle untill it runs long enough to clear the oil from the cases. Do not add oil to the tank until it has run for a while as it will need the room for the oil that has collected in the motor.

They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm hard headed