View Single Post
Old 5th January 2007
Senior Chief Know It All

Gone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogbark View Post
I believe the engineers at HD need to take a trip/ride on some Honda's, Kaws, and Yamaha's. They will find many ideas that are better then HD offer. I like water-cool engines, low maintenance rides, better suspension and so on.
I am not saying that HD should copy Japan but to learn from them and improve on it. Just looking at them you will see that they looked at HD and improved on it. Where they came up short is keeping models in production.
Good luck to HD but really is the 95 incher an improvement or just an EPA band-aid?
As a side note I was a holder of HD stock but I am seriously considering shorting it due to some of your marketing ideas. Go talk to builders, Honda, Yamaha and others.
Let's see: The watercooled, plain-bearing crankshaft, double overhead cammed, 9,000 rpm, 11 second 1/4 mile V-Rod isn't a move forward? The Buells are not innovative chassis concepts put to real production? How much more low maintenance do you want than belt drive, EFI, and hydraulic lifters? And the new BT engine is a 96". H-D is running a tight-rope beteen EPA and what traditional H-D consumers want. H-D doesn't need to look to the Japs for innovation. YOU need to look at the whole H-D line in better detail.