View Single Post
Old 5th January 2007
Senior Chief Know It All

Gone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocndaf View Post
The last time I looked all of the Jap manufactures had 200 mph racing bikes for sale on their showroom floor. They are not what most of the motorcycle buying public wants. I can understand what you want but all of these companies answer to the sales numbers and the stock price. Even if Harley Davidson had failed in the 80s someone would have filled the vacancy and would be manufacturing what the public wants. At the time of tariffs Yamaha was well on the way with their Virago line of bikes. The Star line is the result of this line of bikes. The only thing these publicly traded companies are conserned about is stock price and profit. You will only get the developments that the rest of the sheep want.
As stated, all of the Jap bikes have hyper-sports machines for sale. While not what the "majority" of consumers want, the sales are significant enough that these bikes require complete design overhauls about every five years to remain competitive in sales and performance - and it takes substantial demand for these bikes to offer Formula I type performance for only $8,000-$15,000. If they only sold a handfull, these machines would be $30,000 a crack.