View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2010
Senior Custom Bike Builder

SpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond repute

what have you done to it? different mufflers or exhaust? change the air cleaner? you may need to rejet and adjust carb. Usually you'll get carb farts because the jetting is off. read the carb sticky's to see how to jet. if nothing has been done to the carb, you will probably have to go up on both jets and remove the plug covering the idle mixture screw and adjust that.
i have changed mufflers, pipes, air cleaner and went from 45 to 48, 170 to 185 on jets and adjusted air fuel. this all but eliminated carb farts. Usually carb farts are a result of rich condition and popping from exhaust is from lean conditions. Usually, not always! I would definetely check your jets and change them...they are relatively inexpensive.
remember colder weather will bring carb farts on more so than warm weather. plus Sportys tend to be cold blooded.
let us know how it turns out.

oh yeah.... i get 39-42mpg. a lot has to do with your right wrist. on the highway i'm pushing 50-52...longer rides steady speed.

"If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Old Bubba of the Booze Junkies MC