View Single Post
Old 24th January 2010
Senior Custom Bike Builder

SpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond repute

Rincon...
can't help much with your air cleaner.... someone may chime in with some suggestions to look for to make sure it is free flowing. The se mufflers should be pretty much straight through...that is no blockages in the flow path. I have supposedly se mufflers, they have a script on them, but I can peek right down through the center...i suspect the packing, if there is (or was) any is long gone!! read the carb sticky's. there are several and they pretty much all say the same thing. but if you read them all you may understand more of what you have and what you want.
You have a bike that is new to you. you do not know much about her. Take some time and get to know her. Buy a factory manual, a 3 ring binder and make notes on everything you do to it. all your changes, what parts installed, keep instruction sheets, copies of what ever. i have printed out and high lighted bits and pieces of some of the stickys and put them into my binder. once you get a manual, and read up on the carb stickys, pop the carb off and have at it. it really isn't hard!!! when you remove the float bowl, replace the screws with some stainless socket head cap screws. m4 x 1/2" or so is what I think it is. this site has much to offer....do a few searches, get into the forums and look at the stickys, and get into your bike!!!
and as always, if you have questions, pop in here. but do not ask which oil, filter, spark plug, gas to use.... those have been brought up so many times some actually seem annoyed!!!! good luck!!

"If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Old Bubba of the Booze Junkies MC