Thread: It's D Day!
View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019
Chief of Security

60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcatt View Post
That seriously rich area between 2,700 and 3,700 that would be even worse if you had a big enough main to give a decent AFR at higher revs.

You don't have a CV carb anymore. When you open the throttle the slide is up and you're on the main jet. It's not like a CV where at full throttle you're still on the needle (slide only partially lifted) 'til the revs rise.
I don't think he just cracked this wide open. He started this pull at 1700rpm. You know as well as I do you can't crack it wide open at that rpm.
I'm a n00b at dynos so I'm not sure how they work but I watched him. He was bit surprised because of how good it runs and the really good torque. He couldn't quite explain it except the main either. 3 of their mechanics were right there the minute I pulled in. They were all quite impressed.
Maybe I'm wrong. But I just can't believe dying off at 5500rpm is just the way it is with these cams and a carb.
HSR42 25 pilot 2 turns Y8 needle jet 97 needle 2nd groove 170 main
Dragtron II AC K&N filter/VR1 20W50/Spectro 85wt Primary Oil