View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Davo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plastic welders?

I’m thinking one of you skilled and knowledgeable gentlemen might be able to help me here.
I have a 5000 gallon polyethylene water tank that has about a 4-5 inch split at the bottom of the wall. I asked a water tank fabrication place to quote me for a repair, they came back with $300-400 without even looking at it. Now I have seen small plastic welding kits on the internet starting from around $50.

Considering when the tank is full it’s going to have about 20 ton of water inside of it. Do you think you could repair this split successfully using one of these plastic welding kits? And if so which kit would you use?