View Single Post
Old 24th September 2018
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Graywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond reputeGraywolf has a reputation beyond repute

Saigon fell in 1975........... so maybe if you was young embassy guard or maybe aircrew on some of the transportation sent in to pull people out of there, but that is not really likely.

All US military pulled out in March of 1973. They moved us from Ton Sun Nhut to NKP Thailand the end of 1972. We still flew missions in Vietnam up until March of 1973, but no aircraft were left on the ground there unless they wouldn't fly.

Probably the first part of 1972 was the last military sent in PCS. The pull out was well on the way in 1972. Could have easily been some TDYs or replacements sent in right on until March of 1973.

I was on C-130s Hauling the last of the equipment and people out to the big bases where they could land the C-5 or 141s to bring it on back.