View Single Post
Old 28th July 2019
I am the great Cornholio!

ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Thanks for the great read and the insight into the IBR. Just finishing that is a huge accomplishment. I find myself perversely attracted to the rally. I can hardly believe you did it on a Sportster! Congratulations and well done!
Thanks! If into podcasts look up Long Riders Radio. He just interviewed Wendy Crocket who won this year. He also rode this year and did an interview with a rookie rider before the rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportytrace View Post
Thanks for sharing Chris. I really enjoy reading your reports and just can't even begin to imagine how you override your body's instincts and keep riding. You must be incredibly mentally strong.
I did note you didn't mention the next rally. Are you already thinking about it and making a mental list about what you might do differently? Or is it too soon to want to think about it?
Again, a huge congratulations to you. I am, and indeed we all are, so very proud of you.
Is mentally strong a polite way of saying I am stubborn? If so, that is correct!!!

I'm far from done! In my mind I have unfinished business as I know I can do better. But I have to wait until January to apply for it and hope I get picked. And one of the reasons I write the rally reports is to analyze what I did wrong. In this case I should have done a better job planning for the first part of the second leg and focused on getting my combination bonus done first and then gone after other bonus locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterpaul View Post
Uh, mentally strong doesn't compute with Chris, the simpler "mental" is more appropo! All kidding aside it's a near unbelievable feat. This Rally became even more insightful with the daily updates. Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Mental is probably just as correct as stubborn! Thanks Paul! Glad the updates helped, if I get into the 2021 rally I will try to find a way to get something out.

Check out my Blog for my trip reports:

Click here to listen to my interview on the Motorcycle Men Podcast

Click here for the Sportsterpedia! for technical information & advice