View Single Post
Old 28th November 2021
Custom Bike Builder

mick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond reputemick42 has a reputation beyond repute

I normally only hunt for meat and not antlers and would rather take a couple of yearlings because they are tender like veal. That said for some strange reason this year during the archery hunt I decided that I would only go after bucks. I had doe’s walking by my stand all season and I just sat and watched them stroll by. There was always a buck or two behind them but they would never step into my kill zone. Archery season ended yesterday and my freezer is still empty.

Shotgun starts at sunrise tomorrow and the playing field will be tilted in my favor by not having to worry about small branches and shooting further than I feel comfortable with. I don’t like following blood trails into the swamp and there is way to much water this year.

While sitting in my stand yesterday morning I had a bobcat walk up in front of my tree, sit down and look up at me. Very cool because these cats aren’t known to be in the northeastern part of the state.

Hopefully I’ll have to turn on the venison freezer tomorrow.