Thread: Rigid_EVO Wrist Pin Retainer Comparison
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.
For grins and giggles I put the CP cir-clip on one side, installed the pin and I was able to install the OEM on the other side.
Then I pushed the pin into the OEM clip and heard the sproing, ting, ting, ting the rocketmangd mentioned.

The clip can be installed without the pin in.
It will sit there and appear to be locked in but it's not set down into the groove.
So it won't stay.
The groove is not all of the problem.
With the pin installed with both OEM clips, the second clip won't even get close to centered in the groove due to the extra width.

I tried to measure the gap with modeling clay but that turned out to be inconclusive with varying thickness of the clay once removed.

Neither the pistons or pins have any identifying marks that match the numbers in the CP's PDF data.
They have 883, 1200 and conversion sizes posted but none for 1250 kits.
But most if not all of their XL wire clips are the 787-050SWL part number as Bored now mentioned.

Speaking of, No hard feelings dude.
I just don't like being treated that way.

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.