View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Weo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to all

I don't often carry passengers, so I wasn't as concerned with custom options (could be a safety concern). I ended up fabricating (not very well though) sideplates that sat further back. I prefer it in this position. Additionally, my stock solo seat was modified so that I can sit a couple of inches further back (basically 1-2 inches further back onto the fender) without noticing it and it is comfortable for me. I had to mount the passenger pillion backwards (IIRC) to move it slightly rearward without modification. I'm 6" tall with a 34" inseam (non-riding pants) and use the mid controls.

Another benefit from sitting further back is that I don't feel most of the vibrations from the solid mount in that position.

I haven't been as active on the forum for years, and think all the uploaded pics of my bike are gone after server upgrades (and I'm no longer a paid member). If the "member's pics" section is anywhere left on the site (I can't find it) you should be able to see some of the pics of my bike's setup.