View Single Post
Old 16th April 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

CharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really nice

Don't have the Route 66, but I do have its bigger brother, the "Universal Expandable". Great bag. Absolutely well made. Fit and finish are hard to find fault with. Holds all my stuff, and then some...

Everything from zippers to seams and all edges inside and out are well finished. No stray threads. Everything stitched well.

The only "problem" I have is I preferred to _not_ cut the tie down straps, thinking that I might want to use it someday on another bike, and might need the extra length. I tried tucking them in, but tying them off works best. Going down to the army-navy and getting some webbing rings for one inch webbing would be perfect, and really for the price of things they could have included the whopping $2 of extra hardware and really spiffed out the bag. I'm really grasping at nit pics there.

I put mine over the sissy bar, it rests on the rack behind the bar. Strap it down to the directional stalks - plenty strong enough. More straps go to the back of the rack. Again - plenty strong enough there too.