View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Knuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond reputeKnuckles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khav View Post
I suspect that this is not the path to endearing oneself to the management or membership...but that's just me.

I'm trying to decipher what you are saying here, but it appears that you are taking the owner to task for not opting for SSL server encryption...and using that as the basis for your derision.

SSL in phpBB-like applications is pretty much useless as it only encrypts active traffic which, in practice, is not sensitive information.

E-commerce site? Have at it. Drop what is closer to $150/yr to secure sensitive information and make your users feel warm and fuzzy.

Forum traffic? If a malicious actor wishes to misuse my advice on braking technique, they are most welcome to do so.

Meh.
I quite happily spent $20 (again): not secure site be damned. The good people on here and their willingness to share their knowledge is awesome! Now, where is that thread on braking technique?