Thread: Rubbermount_EVO muffler balance pipe
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2020
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

boomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_jeep View Post
buy crossover gaskets.
unbolt the mufflers pull and twist.
Be sure to loosen (don't remove) the nuts on the header pipes BEFORE you move the mufflers. You only have to lift them a little to get them off the crossover pipe. clean out the old gaskets (if any) and place the new gaskets ONTO the crossover pipe. Do not try to put the gasket inside the muffler port.

If you do have an inclination to remove the mufflers, you can twist while prying up and down gently. The last time I added different mufflers, I added a thin film of anti-seize for the next time I may remove them. Be sure NOT to get this stuff on the chrome before the mufflers get hot -- this goes for fingerprints as well. Windex works well.