Thread: Rubbermount_EVO TC 88A Chat
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcram399 View Post
Have you got it to the point that it's hard to actually tell the difference between one set of switch settings or another? Or does each change have a definite difference?
I've settled on 6.0 switch settings. It feels better than 5.0. The biggest difference I can tell is when I offset the rear cylinder. Keep in mind I'm also boosting the fuel. I've ran it as high as 98 octane but have got it down to 93 now. It doesn't seem to like 91 in this heat. Went on a 5 hour ride yesterday with a friend who rides a 1000 cc Vstrom. What a nice bike that is! My bike ran fine I just couldn't keep up with him in the turns. Of course I ride a lot more conservatively now since the wreck and that Vstrom rides and handles like a dream. That being said, my friend still out rode me when he was on my bike. I've been operating the bike in 80-100*+ temps. I'll probably quit boosting the fuel when the weather cools down. That brings up another point, the weather, the bike seems to like cooler moist air better than hot dry air. There are to many variables to make a definitive observation when the only tool I'm using to help decide what changes if any I need to make is my ass. I've got over 3,000 miles on the build now and it's still ticking and when it's hot, it really ticks. When it's cold, it sounds fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk