View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020
Know It All

RDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretface View Post
I don't have a real sense of accomplishment, but I'm satisfied that my heirs won't be stuck with a couple bushel baskets of iron. They'll have a lot easier time placing it with an appreciative new owner. Hopefully, doodah man will have a pickup truck and a plank.
I'm hoping me heirs will continue to ride the bikes long after I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
Holy black cloud Batman!
"Get busy livin", or get busy dyin'"
Exactly!

Quote:
Just grab the manual and go through it part by part. All of your answers are in there. The sense of accomplishment is well worth it when you look back on your first "season(?) and realize all you did was ride and not spend your time wrenching.
The Factory Service Manual has a wealth of info, there's lots of times I'll just sit and read it to become more familiar with the bike. Many times just doing that I find myself out doing something on the bike. It's almost as if it creates the energy to make the repair.

Quote:
Before you know it youll be looking for another project Ironhead and your '72 becomes the parts chaser.
That same theory works with Evos too. Sportsters make good parts chasers. Mine have even done a few miles chasing parts for the work trucks.