View Single Post
Old 8th August 2021
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud of
Thumbs down "Let it be"

Why can't HD just let the Sportster be what it is? Most of the big manufacturers are making 'retro' models now, so let's see MoCo retain the XL in their line-up as their 'retro', being reminiscent of the 1960s.
Sure, develop some fancy new model using all the latest modcons and go-fast technologies, but don't call it a 'Sportster'. Call it a 'Jetster', or a 'Landspeeder'.
I like my Sportster just the way it is, and I love it for what it is; it does not have to be made "better".
The first time I heard the exhaust note of the New and Improved 'Sportster', I did a spontaneous and genuine "laugh out loud". Do they really expect their new sound to replace that 'stuttering potato' we've come to love over the past 70 some years? That's music to my ears. What they're replacing it with is something that reminds me of a runaway party balloon. "P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-pooh...." ("lol!").
Wiseco K1655s; Joker Machine AC; SE 'SP' muffs w/ Cycle Shack baffles; OEM SHOCKS on Tamarack -1" blocks; Metz 880s (110x19; 160x15) on laced wheels; Progressive fork springs; 4.5 gal tank; ReddTigger Mod Gauge Mount System...

See thread [url]http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1102057[/url] for a "[I]pictorial history[/I]".