View Single Post
Old 8th August 2021
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

xlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond reputexlerate has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Sporting Lad and would argue that, while the "old" Sportster may not be the best bike on the road, it is the best bike in the world! It is easy to live with, easily modified and damn good looking in any guise. And goes and goes and goes according to the mileage some members are doing.

Having said that, I think the Sportster S looks good, but for that money ($28k new in NZ) I'd get the Street Bob 114 ($25k new) instead to continue my penchant for a 45* air-cooled (mostly) long-stroke push-rod V-twin engined motorcycle.
2006 XL1200R in Yellow Pearl with wire wheel option; 30t trans sprocket; SE Heavy Breather a/c; SE II slip-ons; S&S IST ignition; 48 pilot, 185 main, CVP EZ-just mixture screw; HEL braided brake lines; Race Tech Gold Valves, Ohlins S36E shocks, Superbrace; Dart screen, Mustang Vintage Solo; JH570 cams installation underway.

http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start