View Single Post
Old 13th March 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really niceXLFREAK is just really nice
Default After long winter hibernation...

It should be no news to anyone in the "snowbelt" that we are slowly coming out of one of the worst (record-breaking) winters in a very long time. Tons of snow and lots of days when the temp never got above Zero or out of the single digits.

My Sporty was put up on Nov 20, 2007, after a very enjoyable ride on the 19th. It has a full tank of gas, and the battery tender has been on it the whole time. It's got a Harley cover over it, and is parked in my garage. Not too many miles before putting it away, I did an oil change.

I did not start it for this whole period of elapsed time... and this has been the longest time since getting the bike in the Fall of 2006.

Even though the temperatures are beginning to warm just a little, we still have a little snow left (here in the Midwest), there is a ton of sand on the roads and more pot-holes than I've ever seen. I'm not real anxious to get out on the roads before they are cleaned and fixed up a little ---nevertheless, the end of winter is in sight, and one day soon it will be time to at least take the cover off and see about starting it.

What, if anything should I do different... for that first start?