View Single Post
Old 20th August 2012
Rider Of The Iron Steed

IronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMick View Post
... So i should hook up the ohmmeter during the test, and watch it while i have the jumper on the terminal? Or i could hook up the continuity section and hear the beep when the socket is drawn in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMick View Post
So this means that the -ve battery cable should be connected to the short stud, not to the solenoid case? And perhaps i should keep the momentary contact on a little longer to test the hold in coil?
So i need answers to these questions. What i want is answers with no explanations or theory of why it works. Those theories are often opinions, often not well expressed, and are confusing to those who do not understand.

What i do want is to post a simple, correct procedure, what wires to hook up where, and what to do, to test the solenoid.

Visit Mick's WebSite
[And Check Out My Autobiog]