Thread: 03 xlh 88"
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2018
Chief Harley Engineer

jkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud ofjkinkade has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by splineman View Post
I bought a set of machined heads from Hammer...with the crush head porting service 1.9" intake 1.615" exhaust valves.
https://www.1250kits.com/xlporting.shtml#Crush
10.5 compression, 205 lb cranking pressure best I can check.
It's strong no doubt about that!

Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sound's great!!
Aron told me the 560 impact need 10.5 so thats what we set up my motor at, I run close to 1.9 intake but it's not quite that size & stock size exhaust valves late style heads. & hammer billet manifold for se cv44 but carb a bobby wood Rebel cv43.5 = a SE CV44 with a 43.5 Venturi , I've used it on three different Harleys & my M2 carb Buell. I like it as every time you open throttle up it pull no hesitation & under load. just have to check AFR under load on my friends DJ 250i I have plenty of jets as it uses Holley main jets.
just have to see what AFR at low rev & high rev under load looks like.
but it felt beautiful on all my other Harley's I have used it on. & the Buell, strange as I had it on a strong runing Twin Cam 95" dyna & bolted it with a s&s sporty G manifold plus made adaptor & it worked perfect on the 1200 Buell thunderstorm ( just had piston hight in bore adjusted ) d&d Buell system
100,000 km up.