View Single Post
Old 13th November 2019
Dazed & Confused

Tomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond reputeTomcatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy View Post
If I knew that I could ride my motorcycle daily like I do my cars, I wouldn't sweat the 10% ethanol gas because I know it would turn-over quickly in my tank.

I would rather have it sit completely full of non-ethanol, just in case.

I also turn off the Golan manual petcock about 100 yards from my house so the carb will run empty when I park it in the garage. Probably overkill, but it's easy to do and it gives me peace of mind.
That's edited but I hope not out of context. If you're not comfortable with the current ethanol added fuels that's your prerogative.

I traded in a 2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak (that I bought new in 2002) on my Sportster in Feb this year, 2019. It had 9.5:1 CR and ran on regular. It sat 17 winters, plus 2 summers I couldn't ride due to surgeries and chemo, with regular "with up to 10% ethanol" in its' (full) tank. When I traded it in it still had all its' original fuel system components, the tank had never been off to be cleaned, the fuel system (EFI) had never been apart. No problems, ever.

I could go on but that is typical of my experience with ethanol added fuels. Racing on 100% methanol (and setting up carbs and fuel systems to flow enough) is a more fun story.