View Single Post
Old 12th March 2016
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Back And Forth

I just went back and read a few Snippets from last Spring. I could feel the anticipation all over again. There is a magic to being on the road that permeates pretty much all my actions. Even when I feel like settling down, the road calls me.

Watching the Short Track races from Daytona the past couple of nights didnít help things. Sitting here in my room watching the races on my Laptop has made me want to attend one. Thereís a Half Mile in Texas right by the Circuit of the Americas thatís going to run during the Moto GP weekend which is the weekend following Glitch Badness (the rally Iím going to in Georgia). I could make that. I checked ticket prices, and, theyíre pretty high for a Flat Track race. 55 bucks is too high, in my opinion. Then again, I bet theyíre really stuffing people for tickets to the Moto GP. (I didnít check the prices). Still, itís a track Iíve never been to, and it would probably be fun. It would destroy my budget, but it is doable.

No; I think it would be better to stick to my original plan and return to Massachusetts after the rally (after a short visit in Fayetteville). I want to do a lunch (or breakfast) with the Badwebbers in the Northeast, and I want to finish the metamorphosis of the Roadster. If I blow the money for the hard bags on an overpriced race, Iíll regret it. Besides, Iím going to see the Springfield Mile on Memorial Day weekend. Thereís no better venue in the world for close, action packed racing.

Still, the excitement and anticipation is there in the background. Itís kind of a quiet hum. Iím pretty sure it will grow as I get closer to the end of May and my kick off for the West Coast.

A while back, Dondi asked me if I was addicted to traveling. I am. I might want to settle down at times, but the Urge is always there. It ainít a bad addiction to have.