View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019
Biker

Kennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really niceKennyv is just really nice

Really appreciate all the help ... this forum is awesome, didn't expect such quick replies and nobody even gave me crap for asking a stupid question.

So I investigated closer this morning. Guess, my eyes are not as good as they used to be. There was a washer embedded into the hole. Little bit scary as to why the previous owner had the wrong size washer there and missing a bolt. I sure hope there is nothing broken off inside the cam case but I really don't want to open her up to see. If I do, I'm likely make things worse.

Anyway. take a look at this pic and you can see how easy it was to mistake it. That washer blends right in. That smaller hole to the left has a washer on it believe it or not. I took a 2.5" nail I had on hand and stuck it in the hole and it never even bottomed out. So I am going to try the 2 1/4" bolt. I believe the bolt to the right of that hole is the shorter 1 3/4".

Thanks for the quick help!! Now time to finish rebuilding my caliper, carb, new gas tank, rocker cover leak ... who knows what else. Really didn't know what I was getting myself into when I traded one of my guitars for this. Anyway, it is fun and rewarding.