Thread: bolt length
View Single Post
Old 11th July 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddTigger View Post
according to ronnies, the mid and forward controls mounting bolt are the same. no different.
Well, I was at work this morning and I guess I should read more before posting. I missed the idea of the bolt that holds the clevis on the forwards support rod (4748). That is supposed to be the same bolt as the one that holds the mid bracket on as you mentioned.

The (2) bolts supplied in the 91-03 forwards kit (to replace the OEM left mid bracket bolts) are shorter than the OEM ones to account for not having that chunk of metal there to hold down.

Page 1, #1
http://xlforum.net/forums/showpost.p...33&postcount=4

After checking my instruction sheets, this is the same (clevis to support mounting bolt) on the 91-03 model forwards (4748).
Page 3

The -08 parts book shows this same bolt for the passenger peg mounts.

Easy peasy, take this bolt off the forward support stud or passenger footpeg mount and match it for the mid bracket.

Or, do as Folkie said, "They're: # 4748, ⅜" - 16 UNC × 1⅛" socket head, grade 8".

Post back if you can with the official length used.

The only one elite in my life was a beautiful Australian Shepherd and I shot him for biting me.

Last edited by Hippysmack; 11th July 2018 at 02:53..