View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2018
Chief Harley Engineer

VaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond reputeVaFish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do the Gel Seat Pads work??

So do any forum members use a gel set pad on top of their Sportster seat? They seem kind of expensive are they worth the cost?

Reason I'm asking. My daughter is vertically challenged, rides a 1997 Sportster with the 13.5" shocks and adamantly refuses to let me lower her suspension because it would reduce cornering clearance and she hates dragging hard parts. I found a Corbin Gunfighter "reach" seat on Craigslist that drops her butt down a couple inches, is narrower, and slides her forward a bit. The Corbin seat makes it easier for her to maneuver in parking lots and gets both her feet on the ground. Downside is that it is hard and a pain in the butt for a long ride. Around town she loves it. More than 1/2 and hour in the saddle and she is complaining.

She wants to take a ride to visit some friends next week. About 3 hrs each way. I can put her old seat back on, which will give her comfort for the ride, but when she gets to her friends they have a gravel road, gravel drive, and gravel parking area. She is very concerned with the low speed maneuvers in the gravel.

I was thinking if the Gel seats work we could put one on, she rides down to friends place, stops on the paved road a few miles away, unhook gel pad and put it in her saddle bags and ride in on the lower seat.