View Single Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

OK so the top 1 piece is app equal the top / middle section on 03<.
It doesn't look like it got taller.
I can't remember taking the top and middle off mine at the same time since the top just slides off.

To adapt the breather, need to see one.
The tube length shouldn't be an issue other than the middle box.
If need be, vertical clearance can be had in the mid section by cutting the breather chamber out of one side.
That doesn't ruin the mid section if want to go back to umbrellas since you only need one side and they are symmetric in build.

Does the breather have to be installed flat?
The shelf in the Buell cover is probably just there to help protect the breather position if not.
The grommet press fit should seal the hole.
The shelf (or recess) should just gives it a place to sit without wiggling around.
Here's a post with the drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishajer View Post

You can put XB rocker boxes on your bike and use the same style breather. I see you are going to try to modify yours, since one is cracked. You can do that too.

--Chris

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.