View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019
Biker

steffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant futuresteffridesabuell has a brilliant future
Default Metzeler Cruisetecs; Best Sportster tires I have ridden yet

I put a set of the Cruisetecs on my 2004 Sportster last week. So far I have ridden about 200 miles on them, 35 of that on very wet roads in the rain. I have ridden...
the stock Dunlops (never again)
the Michelin Commander IIs (great in the beginning, lasted 15,000 miles, definitely lost grip toward the end)
the Metzeler ME888s (as good as the Michelins in the handling and wet traction, were still legal for inspection at 20,000 miles, but wet grip was starting to fade at the very end.) Still better than the Michelins all around.
Metzeler Cruisetecs...handling and wet grips are off the chart. The bikes steers more lightly and quickly than the ME888s, and wet grip is ridiculous. I was riding a fairly curvy road in the rain like it was a dry, sunny day.
Of course no tire can help you on rain + oil or slippery paint or manhole covers, so you need to watch out extra for those. How long will they last? I'm gonna find out!