Thread: Blowby Article
View Single Post
Old 9th September 2010
Land Speed Record

groovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of lightgroovemeisterus is a glorious beacon of light

Is there a step by step procedure to help seat rings on a dyno for a street engine?

I'm sure the 1 minute, cool down, 2 minute, etc at home will come into play, but after that, is there a dyno procedure after the heat cycles seal the rings?

Getting ready to rebuild my engine and after heat cycles, would like to
give the dyno guy some instructions on what I want him to do to help
seat some new rings.

Not that he might not be experienced, but with my OCD, I want to make sure
it is done right... if it would be a right way to do it during the cold winter season when engine is complete.

Thanks for any feedback.

883 XL Y2K - BLACK,Ported Manifold,HSR 42mm Carb,Branch #5 Ported 883 Heads,Bob Woods W8S 0.590" Cams, SE -0.050" Perfect Fit Pushrods,SE 1200 Ignition Module ,Vance & Hines Straight Shot Exhaust,07 SE Air Cleaner,SE 40,000V Red Perf Coil,883 Jugs Precision Bored for Branch 30º Domed Pistons,& One Big Smile ;o), ~83TQ, ~83HP for now.