View Single Post
Old 9th December 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Davo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond reputeDavo_137 has a reputation beyond repute

Got it back together today. Belt is running near perfect on the front pulley/sprocket.

No adjustment left for a bigger back pulley with the stock belt. Rear pulley looks good spinning the back wheel by hand and I can’t feel any wobbles or anything when riding the bike.

I got a quad lock for my iPhone mounted it on my handlebars and checked the speedo using a gps app, speedo is showing 5kph faster than the gps. So 105kph on the speedo is actually 100kph.

On to the next project now.

I have a spare seat I want to send down south and have it customised. The bloke I’ve been talking to says he can make it a lot more comfortable using memory foam and gel inserts. I also want the diamond cross stitch type pattern on top with smooth sides. All I have to do is measure up want I want, put it on paper and send it all to him.
Something else I want to do is cut up the crashbar. I think it sticks out the sides to far, I want to trim an inch or two off each side. I don’t think it’s made from anything special so I should be able to weld it back up with my little stick welder. Wifey has other jobs for me first, her green house took some damage in a storm the other day. So that will probably take a day or two to fix up.