View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

sportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervantzt View Post
I'm trying to loosen the banjo bolt on my 2000 Sportster 883 to get a better angle for the hose off of the master cylinder after switching back to stock handlebars and the banjo bolt will not budge. I did not feel that this problem was exclusive to my bike, so I didn't prefix.

I've tried all of my wrenches, mallets and drivers/drills that could fit it. The head is not stripped and I almost think it has been severely over tightened or maybe even had loctite put in the threads. I just got the bike, and i'm new to HD bikes, but not to motorcycles or working on them. I have no clue how to loosen that sucker up. Is penetration oil able to get past the crush washers?

I need any tips, tricks or suggestions.
Since you mentioned a mallet, you have probbly have already done what I would suggest:
Place a 12 point 7/16 box wrench over the bolt head, keep your thumb over the wrench/bolt head, then tap on the other end of the wrench (CCW) with a rubber mallet.