View Single Post
Old 27th October 2021
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but the dumbass picked me!
Hell I bout had a hangover already.
1976-1977-1978-1979 Trans Am, stock 455, not super duty (I believe I got that out of a 69 Pontiac)
edit: I think back then they called it HO (or high output)
Drove the car home, pulled the motor and the guy came picked up his car with a wrecker.
I added a mild cam, Holley 650 w/ mech secondary's and converter block, headers w/ Big Daddy's and a stall converter.
50s on back and 60s on front (air shocks to keep the wheel wells off the back tires)
Otherwise stock anyway.
Point being, those cars would do anything I wanted to do anytime I wanted to do it.
I had no concerns whatsoever with oil quality.

edit:
I forgot to mention 411 positive track rear end (Ok it really wasn't ...stock but....)
I didn't really have much money in it since a lot of the parts I already had.

Can you build a Honda that would do all that?

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.

Reference the XLFORUM'S Sportsterpedia
for additional technical information & advice

Last edited by Hippysmack; 27th October 2021 at 03:56..