View Single Post
Old 27th October 2021
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

We took a stock 400 Pontiac and put it in a Buick Regal (The Beagle) and it smoked a Grand National with a racing chip.
Newer cars are much lighter made which is why the cheesy motors tote them alright I believe.
Easier to total the lighter cars too.
Dude thought he was going to push my truck out of his way one day going about 60, he learned a lesson in weight distribution.
I felt a bump, he felt a sudden stop in front of a pine tree.
But we are safer in the newer lighter cars due to the air bags that try and take your face off when they deploy.
Ran over a dog in a blind curve in the dark of night and got smacked in the head by the air bag.
We did not swap engineering for safety in my opinion.
And every electric gismo they add simply stops working.
But since it's you, I'll admit that the lighter cars don't take nearly as much power to launch or tote.
If that's the only criteria, viva the newer POS.
Mechanically speaking, I've been into more newer motors than I have SBCs of late.
Matter of fact, I've got more parts for newer motors than older ones at the moment.
That's out of needing to replace stuff, not pleasure work.
My feeling is the newer cars are nothing more than throw away vehicles.
I got that from working on them...… not the internet.

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.

Reference the XLFORUM'S Sportsterpedia
for additional technical information & advice