View Single Post
Old 9th March 2016
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Progress Toward Perfection

The rear turn signals on the Roadster have been relocated. It was a Royal Pain in the Butt job. Partly because I was doing it for the first time, but mostly because the Official Turn Signal Relocation Kit from Harley was designed by a moron. I won’t describe the personal details of his shortcomings, but “talented engineer” is not one of the terms I used when being vocal. What should be one to two hour job took me about six hours. Of course, I could probably do it in less than half that time now, but I probably won’t ever have to do that job again. At least, I hope not. I could go into a real ranting diatribe about the kit, but all I’ll say is that if I had to do it over again, I’d get a kit from some other source.

Tomorrow, I’m bringing the cast wheels over to the shop to pull the wheel bearings out and put new wheel bearings in. I’ll also pick up my belt and sprocket while I’m there. Dondi is giving me a ride to the shop. Well, kind of. She’s coming over to Hudson where we’ll load the wheels into her car, then I’ll drive over to Malden. She hates to drive in the city. If I can get the bearings changed out relatively quickly, I’ll treat Dondi to lunch at Nana’s Pizzeria. They make great pizza.

The next item in the Transformation is to bring the bike and the H&B Mounts to the Fabricator. Hopefully, it won’t cost an arm and a leg to get the mounts modified to fit on the Roadster. Once that’s done, they’ll be off to the Powder Coater.

I got my taxes done at the Accountant’s and I’m getting a refund from both the State and the Feds. That means that I’ll be able to order the 30 Liter Junior bags as soon as my refund is direct deposited into my Checking account. I might just have the hard bags on the bike before I set out for Vern’s in just a few weeks

It’s all coming together!