View Single Post
Old 14th March 2016
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Inch By Inch

Well, the wheel bearings are in and the front tire is mounted on the cast wheels. The rear isnít because Iím going to have to take the wheel over to Fitchburg and use the bead breaker on the NoMar to break the bead loose. Iíll bring my tire irons and mounting lube along, and maybe Iíll be able to mount the new tire without having to kneel on a garage floor. Even though the NoMar isnít bolted to the floor, I think I can still use it. Itís worth a try; my knees really donít like concrete floors any more. I guess that the NoMar spoiled me. There are a few tire shops around, so Iíll stop by one of them to inflate the new tires. I have my compressor in the garage, but thereís no power there, so it doesnít help a bit. Sometimes I really miss my garage at the house on Mill Street. (I miss the house, too, but I wonít get into that, right now) Iíll bring the balancing stand back to Hudson and balance the wheels here. Iím not going to put the cast wheels on until I wear down the tires on the spoke wheels. That will probably be after my trip to Tennessee and Georgia. Iíd like to put them on before; but tires are expensive, and I want to get my moneyís worth out of the tires that are already mounted.

People have been asking for pictures, but there really isnít much to show. I could take a picture of the bike with the relocated Turn signals, I suppose; but thatís not much of a change. Maybe I will, anyhow. Then I could take a photo of the wheels sitting in the garage. I canít take a picture of the tank yet Ďcause itís in Tennessee. I will take pictures of the bike when everything is assembled on it. I promise.

Next up will be bringing the bike over to the fabricatorís (welderís) to see about getting the bag mounts set up for the bike. Iíll do that this week. I hope it wonít be too expensive.