View Single Post
Old 7th November 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

I figured I'd just see if the restricted hole itself has an affect on pressure on the inside and if so how much.
I realize the restricted hole is on the inside end of the newer bolts.
I just want to see where I'm at here.
I have limited equipment now. If I still had access to the machine shop at the university, I'd just make some.
I could try to reverse these but I'm not sure if it'd make a whole lot of difference past the restriction anyway.
And given there will be a hose on the end of the vents later, not sure if flipping them is important, but it may be.

I don't plan on using this setup for anything else other than testing.
I don't have 04 breather bolts that I can use although I've been looking at some on Ebay.
That would probably make it easier for me to upgrade from.
Depending on what I come up with on the slack tube from where I'm at now, I may look into getting some 04 ones.
I'm still debating on how I want to run vent lines.

And yes, debating the Deimus mod.

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.

Reference the XLFORUM'S Sportsterpedia
for additional technical information & advice