View Single Post
Old 7th November 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcatt View Post
Are you running the latest big scavenge section oil pump or one of the earlier versions?
Dangit, I'm running the 07 pump.
I've still got my 98 pump though.
I need to get some clear lines for the vent and return lines also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustert View Post
does it really matter on hole size?? think about it, where is flow control actually initiated? is it not the umbrella? that said, the hole probably is there to prevent over-whelming the separation chamber.
[/img]
Looks like initial scuttlebutt was wrong about them disassembling the shop.
I'd take out a loan in a heartbeat for them there machines.
But I may need to start looking for something else.
I hate gearheads....

I'd think if the hole size didn't matter, they wouldn't have changed them.
But we have theorized a bit on the job of the smaller hole, so while I'm here, I just want to see if I can tell any difference.

You're right, flow control is initiated by the umbrellas.
The smaller holes may aid in separation between the umbrella and the outlet or as you say to not overwhelm the chamber.
But within that reasoning, with your bigger holes, wouldn't that underwhelm the chamber?

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.

Reference the XLFORUM'S Sportsterpedia
for additional technical information & advice