View Single Post
Old 7th September 2021
Biker

Jfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud ofJfart has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I think it sounds pretty good. That ticking is most likely nothing to be concerned with. Mine have sounded like that for a lot of miles.

So now to fine tune. Take it for a ride (warmed up) with your idle screwdriver and if it has any hesitation just off idle, then open that screw up 1/4 turn and ride again. After that has no hesitation, then with the bike on the side stand, grab the throttle with a couple of fingers and quickly snap it to around half throttle a few times in a row and it should rev right up without any hesitation or coughing. The reason I say a couple of fingers is so you can't fat fist it to where it will not snap right to attention. I'm saying flip that throttle fast for this. If it passes that test as well as the last test looking for any lag off idle, then it's about perfect. Do these tests in the order I gave it to you here. You have to fix any lag before even bothering to check it for snappy reaction.

Once we are all happy with this, you can look into the mid range, and that requires reading the plugs.
Thanks for the info.

Are your referencing the idle mixture screw? “Open that screw up 1/4 turn”. When you say open are you referencing enrichment or more fuel?