Thread: Rubbermount_EVO Sloppy up-shifting when hot?
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2021
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

That's an older sportster in the video. I do not remember any adjustment on the 04 and up models. Am I wrong?

As I remember from replacing a shifter shaft that had one of the palls jump over the restraining pin. (Actually not a pin, it is a bump that is stamped into the plate from the back side) that holds the palls in position and the act of that pall jumping over it when dropping the bike caused the bump to wear and it had to be replaced to keep the pall where it belongs. The entire shaft with palls attached is centered by a spring that pushes it back into position when moved in either direction.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Last edited by wedge; 14th September 2021 at 18:22..