View Single Post
Old 17th September 2007
OzChick

sportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to know what the setup is on the UK and European 1200N too, as they are higher; I'm assuming both front and back??!! Which fork spring are they using I wonder? Have they left out the preload spacer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnightster View Post
The 1200N shares the same fork setup as the 883L with the exception of a spacer ring between the damper spring and damper tube which is unique to the 1200N. The 1200L only shares the slider tube with the 1200N and 883L ( some components fit all). The 1200L shares the same fork set up as the 1200R with the exception of the damper tube and fork spring which is unique to the 1200L. In the exploded view the 1200N and 883L use a collar (pre-load spacer) the others do not.
I am assuming (dangerous) the slider housings are the same for all except the the rt side on the R, the N has a different p/n, but I assume it is because it is black as well as the 883R which is matte black.

In order to convert to the 1200R fork set up I would need to replace:
Fork spring (2) 45376-04 (Replace with progressive)
Slider tube (2) 45395-04
Damper tube ring (2) 45469-90
Damper tube (2) 45925-04
Seals
All other components common to all.

Down side to the conversion is that the fork gaiters will no longer fit properly, I guess I could find something that may work?

I agree that most of the problem with the N (and 883L) suspension is due to a lack of travel, so trying to tune it is very challenging as there are not as many options as there is with the other models.

At this point I am going to install the 412 12" rear shocks and then progressive front springs, at minimum it will be an improvement over stock and any improvement will be well worth it!

CB

Work/Life Balance? Just work more at Living!
Nyx: 08 XLN~ 90" Dyno Results; 90" of Street-based FUN coming downunder; My six year refresh adventure
TBob: 2017 Triumph Bobber; Making a Decision on a New Bike
Muse: 1982 Honda CBX Shed Find
Photography: My take on the world