View Single Post
Old 18th September 2007
OzChick

sportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinB View Post
Mines a UK bike and this is what I've found so far.
The rear shocks are 13" and on their lowest pre-load position they sag to 11 7/8" with me on it - so giving a sag of just over 1".
The forks have a fully extended length of 5 1/2" from the top of the slider to the bottom of the lower tripple clamp, and with me on it they sag to 3" - giving a sag of 2 1/2". Far too much! I took the top off one of the fork tubes - and there's about 3" of spring sticking up with no spacer at all!! I've dropped the front of the bike down the forks by 3/4" to get the front of the frame rails 2 1/2" of the ground and the rear 2 1/4". The bike handles OK but the lack of damping and rubbish forks are very obvious.
Thanks Colin for piping in! So HD didn't get the Euro suspension much better it seems. Good luck with sorting out your forks.

Work/Life Balance? Just work more at Living!
Nyx: 08 XLN~ 90" Dyno Results; 90" of Street-based FUN coming downunder; My six year refresh adventure
TBob: 2017 Triumph Bobber; Making a Decision on a New Bike
Muse: 1982 Honda CBX Shed Find
Photography: My take on the world