View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019
Harley Engineer

SLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond repute

Dunlop was OEM on metric bikes before they were with Harley (1984 AFAIK).

I have heard Harley contacted Michelin about designing OEM tires for specific Harley models. I love the Scorchers on my 2019 FXLR, so far almost 6,000 miles in wet, dry new roads and fresh asphalt they have done great. From my memory, I seemed to like the OEM Dunlop on the metrics I had, Qualifiers were one of the models IIRC.

I can tell you for sure, there is no shortage of folks with problems/complaints on the 401/402 Dunlop tires, my main complaint was the front 21" tire that followed every groove in the road, the same size Michelin Commander II is a night and day difference.

If local dealer wants $100 more for AE than a competitor does for MCII, not much I can do about that (except not buy it), that was closest bid, others wanted a lot more for the AE. Probably because down here many probably just bring the bike in and say put tires on it and hand them a credit card. Though the place that only stocks Michelin Commander II for my bike is really just hard to beat on their prices on anything, I should probably say that that guy is $100 less than anyone else for tires and only stocks MCII for my bike. I pretty much couldn't get much cheaper ordering online and installing myself for his price.