View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019
I am the great Cornholio!

ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Gunner View Post
Probably not necessary especially if you dont disturb the cylinders. If you do it means means pulling at least 1 wrist pin clip per and the wrist pins. Leave the pistons in the cylinders or you're doing rings.
I'd try getting the broken studs out without removing the heads first.
Rather hard in my opinion to not disturb the cylinder when pulling the heads. I didn't do mine and developed a base gasket leak so I had to pull everything to simply replace the base gasket.

I never removed the wrist pins, I was able to slip a ring compressor over the piston and slide the cylinder over the piston and rings.

Check out my Blog for my trip reports:

Click here to listen to my interview on the Motorcycle Men Podcast

Click here for the Sportsterpedia! for technical information & advice