Thread: Oil Filter
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

BKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
It would be interesting to know what filters Sportster Paul and Parrothead use.
Yeah, both of them have high miles on their bikes. I have put 83k on an '04 & 96k on my '09 & have been using the black, longer filter from a Dyna. H-D part number is 63812-90. Dennis Kirk sells the Drag Specialties equivalent, part# 0712-0023 & J&P sells the Milwaukee Twin part# 7400026. I like the bigger capacity & larger surface area of the longer filter. It might even add to the longevity of the filtering media & possibly it's cooling ability. There are also chrome versions of these filters, if that's what you prefer.